My Friend Bill Wenham  

Friday, March 30, 2012

Readers Digest used to have a feature entitled "My Most Unforgettable Character".  Well I've been fortunate enough to have met a few who fit that category.  Bill Wenham is certainly near the top of my list.

Bill and I worked together in Air Canada from the mid to late 60's in Customer Service Training where we were both Instructors.  He was then, and certainly is now, one of the most creative and talented people I have ever met.  His talents are many and varied.  He is an artist who in my opinion is without peer.  In addition to his painting he is an amazing and articulate raconteur, he has successfully dabbled in landscape architecture and is currently devoting his creative talents to writing and screen play writing.

When Bill and I reconnected after many years about 4 years ago he was kind enough to send me copies of his many artistic endeavours, as well as an original painting of his. They sat in my filing cabinet drawer for a good many months when I approached a friend who is retired and running a framing business to keep him busy.  Woody kindly framed all the prints of Bill's pictures I had.  I wanted to make a huge picture frame on the wall of my apartment and hang the newly framed paintings from Bill.  Again Woody came through and after I painted the wall, he measured it up and put up a beautiful frame around the painted area.

The following video is a slideshow of pictures taken last year by another long lost friend with whom I've reconnected, Ray Muise from my 400 Sqauadron days in the late 50's and early sixties.  Ray now lives across the harbour from me in Dartmouth Nova Scotia.  He was kind enough to bring his camera by one day and took the pictures in the video.

Posting this is long overdue but my commitment to getting The History Hangar, my old squadron's website, up and running has always seemed to take priority.

Finally this overdue tribute to Bill has been finished. I hope those who watch it will gain some small insight into Bill's talents and the joy his paintings have given me.  It is my small way of saying Thank You Bill, primarily for being you, and for the kindness you have shown me over the past several years.

Please turn your speakers up a little and enjoy this offering.

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster